Sunday, January 20, 2013

HTC M7 - next HTC flagship device

Today htcsource.com came up with a nice photo of incoming HTC flagship model - HTC M7.

Source: http://htcsource.com

In a matter of fact, this picture shows not only new, incoming device but also the main screen from HTC Sesne 5.0 UI. Obviously not much can be concluded based only on this photo, but it seems that HTC is following the fashion of angular and edgy graphic elements. The same happened to Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. Personally I'm not yet sure if I like it. Actually I find HTC Sense 4+ very good UI and I'm not really sure if this direction of squares is good one. Maybe it's just a matter of habits and in fact HTC Sense 5.0 will be an improvement over Sense 4+ when it comes to the graphic design.




This angularity concerns the overall design of the device as well. As you can see, HTC M7 is very similar to HTC Butterfly. Corners are even more tightened in HTC M7.
What else is interesting? Look at the capacitive buttons. It seems that home button and multi-tasks button are  in reversed order. Isn't it more intuitive to have home button in the middle? Also, based on this photo you can see that no % battery icon will be presented in HTC Sense 5.0. Furthermore, it seems that HTC didn't remove stock Android browser, so out of the box you'll have two browsers in the system.

My final thoughts? Well... hard to say. I'm excited as everyone when new HTC flagship device is almost to come. Without premature judgment I can only say that if the screen wouldn't be turned on showing HTC Sense 5.0 UI, I would blindly say that it's next HTC Windows Phone device.

There are some rumors that this photo might be a fake. I guess we need to wait a bit longer to know if this is a real HTC M7 or not.

Do you have any questions or comments? Feel free to share! Also, if you like this article, please use media sharing buttons (Twitter, G+, Facebook) below this post!


For latest news follow Android Revolution HD on popular social platforms:

7 comments:

  1. I personally like straight edges and clear lines.

    But I think it's like with the designing of actual cars: They more and more seem to be the same unless a designer like "Giugiaro" or "Pininfarina" creates a very special design.

    Regarding home button: Is this a change in order to have a change? Never change a winning team, I use to say...

    However, I am very curious on the M7 and wonder, if it's so much better than the actual HOX+

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks really good. In mot sure if i will buy it when it comes out due to HTC's history with the one x not being a "flagship" phone for more than 6 months and s-off problems for the new htc devices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, I just have a question... the Android 4.2 JellyBean camera works on my HTC Incredible S but the Photosphere is very slow. but the Incredible S have Gyroscope. I check Only it says that it may be because of the ROM I'm running.. I'm currently on ARHD 4.0.. can you help me here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already have this phone, and im from México, its abr awesome and flawless phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No rumors. Its real, i have this phone. Just one Word.... AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete